What is it & How Does it Help?
Under cabinet lighting is quickly becoming the new norm for homes around the San Antonio area. With so many choices to make when designing your custom cabinets, it's a good idea to know which ones offer the most benefits, and what those benefits are exactly.
Many homeowners make the mistake of thinking this lighting is nothing more than decorative, but there's more to it than that. Learn more about the advantages of this lighting.
Under cabinet task lighting is, as the name would imply, lighting installed beneath the cabinetry so that it can illuminate the kitchen better. But why is this such a good idea?
- It's not just about more lighting, it's about eliminating the areas that tend to be in the shadows. Even well-planned overhead lighting can cause shadows and make your work space darker. This is often space that you need to use for preparing food. That's especially important for spaces where you are cutting food items.
- Extra lighting is important for preventing eye strain. If you tend to do a lot of cooking or baking, this is essential. Yet, even if you are only an occasional culinary artist, you still need proper lighting.
- LED lighting is a great choice for energy-efficiency. That means less energy is used, so it keeps your utility costs lower and that's better for the environment.
- When professionally installed, under cabinet lights increase the value of your home. Plus, it makes a home more desirable to potential buyers. If you're going to be selling your home any time soon, this is a feature shoppers now expect to find.
- Of course, it doesn't hurt that it makes your home look even better. It offers a soft glow that adds a sense of elegance.
Level up your kitchen cabinets with this lighting. For the best San Antonio custom cabinets, call Top Quality Cabinets.