First off, we do not handle or install granite. We focus our attention on custom cabinets. However, I do have good knowledge on the subject of granite and I have professional advice and recommendations. If you are in the market for granite, I would welcome you to read the following.
Not all granite installers are made the same. As a
San Antonio custom kitchen cabinet maker I have seen a lot of granite jobs. While granite is a natural stone and therefore quality remains consistent, the fabrication and installation of the granite is what makes the whole difference.
A good fabricator/installer will ensure:
- They provide you exactly what they sold you, no less. I have been on jobs where a smaller sink was installed than what was promised to the customer.
- The under mount sink will be installed correctly. Believe it or not I have witnessed a granite installer install the under mount sink shifted to the far left side of the granite hole cutout. In this case, the reveal was unequal by 1/2" on the left side from the right side of the sink and was very noticeable.
- Granite will be ascribed to the wall and where it ends against a cabinet, in such cases where the granite ends at a tall wall oven cabinet or custom pantry cabinet. I have seen great scribe jobs and I have also seen large gaps where scribing the granite was not completed properly.
- All cuts will be smooth and not "jagged" or rough.
- Seams will be tight and blended nicely.
- All work will be to the satisfaction of the customer and re work will be completed if necessary. Mistakes do happen, such as putting a vanity sink hole on the wrong side of the top, but the important thing is that the granite installer makes things right in the end.
I mention these things because while there are numerous granite fabricators/installers to choose from, they are not all equal and the overall cost is not as important as the overall quality. The granite companies we do recommend are fair and competitive in their pricing.
For any recommendation of granite contractors please feel free to call me at 210-739-0646. As a future customer I will be more than happy to assist in the selection of a quality granite contractor.